DESCRIPTION: As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible to create drawings for and assist with the design of launch vehicle airframe structures and systems. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Design and maintenance of structural product definition by preparing design layouts and drawings, modifying existing designs and resolving design discrepancies
- Experience with Design for Manufacturing and Design for Assembly
- Application of relevant company, industry (design, drafting, parts) techniques to plan, lay-out, and maintain data depicting engineering designs (detail, assembly and installation drawings or datasets)
- Implementation of engineering and manufacturing best practices to achieve a balanced approach to cost, schedule and performance requirements
- Support existing standards for product structure naming and organization
- Self directed for prioritizing and scheduling work activity in support of team
- Assist in the development and deployment of reasonable standards for drafting. Act as single point drafting standards checker for the team.
- 10+ years of recent experience designing/drafting aerospace, automotive structure’s parts, components, or subsystems, utilizing CREO or CATIA software
- Strong mechanical design and integration skills using Creo 2.0 or greater software
- Experience designing and drafting composite parts and assemblies
- Experience managing large CAD assemblies and associated drawings
- Experience with ASME Y14.100, Y14.5, Y14.41
- Familiar with existing applicable drafting standards
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- Drafting and designing composite components
- Ergonomic and human factors analysis
- Designing for manufacturing and assembly
- Launch vehicle or spacecraft structural systems experience
- Experience with a PDM version control database
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.