DESCRIPTION: As part of a small team, you’ll program and operate robotic laser processing machines to produce high-value aerospace components. Additionally, you’ll work with process and design engineers to characterize, improve, and document manufacturing processes and the resulting hardware quality.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings
- Jog and dry-run robot to set up processing
- Operate and maintain fiber laser equipment
- Robotic system programming, both at the machine control and with offline software
- Provide manufacturing feedback to design engineers
- Provide process improvement feedback to process engineers
- Safely work within an industrial environment
- Understanding of laser optics and processes such as cutting and welding, part set up, and servicing of power supply, chillers, process gas systems, and motion systems – including knowledge of laser safety practices
- Experience in the operation and programming of robotic-based systems (online-coding and CAM)
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Ability to set-up and precisely position large scale hardware
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien
- Kuka robotic language (KRL) online programming
- Robotmaster offline CAM programming
- Metallography: ability to cut, mount, polish, etch, acquire images and perform hardness tests. Ability to identify basic microstructure in a weld cross section.
- Ability to operate manual machine tools (basic lathe, mill)
- Crane operator/ lift coordinator experience