DESCRIPTION: As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will assist with the design, development and definition of launch vehicle and spacecraft fluid systems. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of creating detail and assembly drawings as well as 3-D models. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Design and maintain fluid systems product definition by preparing design layouts and drawings, modifying existing designs and resolving design discrepancies
- Apply Design for Manufacturing and Design for Assembly
- Apply relevant company, industry (design, drafting, parts) techniques to plan, lay-out, and maintain data depicting engineering designs (detail, assembly and installation drawings or datasets)
- Implement engineering and manufacturing best practices to achieve a balanced approach to cost, schedule and performance requirements
- Support existing standards for product structure naming and organization
- Self-prioritize and self-schedule work activity in support of the team
- Assist in the development and deployment of reasonable standards for drafting. Act as a drafting standards checker for the team.
- Minimum of an A.S. degree and 8+ years of recent experience designing/drafting aerospace, automotive structure’s parts, components, or subsystems
- Experience with Creo (Pro/Engineer); equivalent other software will be considered if all other required qualifications are met
- Strong mechanical design and integration skills using 3-D CAD software
- Experience managing large CAD assemblies and associated drawings
- Experience with ASME Y14.100, Y14.5, Y14.41
- Familiar with existing applicable drafting standards
- Experience with a PDM version control database
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- Drafting and designing routed systems and experience with Pro/E Piping
- Experience designing and drafting composite parts and assemblies
- Designing for manufacturing and assembly
- Launch vehicle or spacecraft fluid systems experience
- Experience using GD&T for drawings in a development or production environment
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.