DESCRIPTION: As part of a small team, you will develop and manage system safety processes and products for the design of sub-orbital and orbital spacecraft and launch vehicles and facilities. You must have a passion for mission assurance, a commitment to the fundamentals of system safety, and a strong capacity to work collaboratively on complex and interesting new problems. You will report to the Director of Safety and Mission Assurance.
- Implement and maintain system safety processes and identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Train and coach engineers on identifying and analyzing system safety risks
- Work with systems engineering and subsystem cognizant engineers to identify and verify compliance with system safety requirements.
- Evaluate and perform reviews of system safety analyses including FHAs, FMECAs, and FTAs
- Perform compliance assessment of our system safety processes and products against external standards including Range Safety, NASA, FAA, MIL-STD-882, and ARP-4761.
- Generate metrics and report on program system safety status
- Participate in actively maintaining a healthy system safety culture
- Minimum of a B.Sc. degree in aerospace engineering or related field
- 8+ years engineering experience in the aerospace industry with 4+ years system safety or reliability engineering experience performing FHAs, PSSAs, FMEA/FMECAs, FTAs, & CCAs
- Strong system safety and mission assurance fundamentals
- Experience interpreting and assessing compliance to regulatory requirements and guidance.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to identify problems, perform root cause analysis, and implement corrective actions
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team on rapid development programs
- Applicant must be a United States citizen or permanent resident alien
- Experience performing compliance assessments and tailoring of Range Safety and FAA launch system requirements
- Experience with a variety of complex aerospace or launch vehicle systems
- Process ownership and maintenance experience