DESCRIPTION: We provide the data necessary to design, build and launch rockets faster, cheaper and with continually higher quality. We accomplish this by building state-of-the-art software and analyzing data to uncover patterns for quick decision making.
We design systems that track millions of physical parts and complex manufacturing activities in remote locations. We build systems that process massive amounts of data and engineering tools that enable rapid design and iteration. We are seeking team members of all backgrounds who are passionate about space and who have a strong desire to serve on a team that is the backbone of the company.
As a software engineer, you’ll work on rewarding problems and interesting technologies. You’ll perform full-stack development activities, from gathering requirements to architecting systems to writing code and supporting users during operation. Your colleagues come from the top technology companies and will continually challenge you to develop faster, more scalable and higher quality software.
You’ll be uniquely positioned to help the company scale and increase your personal growth as we embark on ever more challenging engineering and business opportunities, supported by a highly technical leadership team. With top-notch development hardware, you drop into a high-performing team to immediately start contributing. We value people who are passionate about learning new things, beginning on the first day.
As a software engineer, you can expect to build software in the following areas:
- Highly complex databases utilizing MySQL, MongoDB, Neo4J, Cassandra and InfluxDB
- Systems that integrate with physical hardware using C++
- Highly scalable systems built on top of Java and Amazon Web Services
- Design, code, test and deploy new features and systems
- Select appropriate libraries and open source technologies to integrate and use within projects
- Design user interfaces and iterate based on user feedback
- Support existing users during all phases of operation, up to and including the day of launch
- Integrate custom software with off-the-shelf systems using REST APIs, queues, and monitoring
- Think outside the box. Challenge why things are done a certain way and figure out ways to things better
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in computer science, computer engineering, physics, or other major requiring engineering core courses
- Strong experience in Java and the surrounding ecosystem
- Experience with modern full-stack web development, from back-end to front-end
- Experience designing both relational and non-relational databases
- A demonstrated ability to develop complex end-to-end software
- The ability to quickly absorb information in an unfamiliar domain and translate it into software
- A self-driven nature with the ability to seek out requirements and propose solutions with minimal direction
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien