DESCRIPTION: Blue Origin is developing the next generation launch and space vehicle manufacturing facility on Florida’s Space Coast at our Orbital Launch Site Manufacturing Complex. We are in search of a Ground Support Equipment (GSE) Manager who will lead a team of engineers and maintenance specialists in the design specification, procurement, operation, and maintenance of GSE used for launch vehicle production and operations. This team is chartered with supporting the design and procurement of GSE identified by our engineering and manufacturing staff, and maintaining the equipment to minimize downtime and impacts to launch vehicle production and operations. The GSE group interfaces directly with the Production Integration and other manufacturing groups, and the Mission Operations team. We put a strong emphasis on hands-on technical ability, as our leaders are directly involved with projects and problem-solving, and manage through active engagement with the team.
- Oversee all aspects of ground support equipment design specification, procurement, operation, and maintenance of GSE used for launch vehicle production and operations
- Build and manage the Ground Support Equipment group, including developing resource plans and profiles, authoring job descriptions, conducting interviews, making hiring recommendations, assigning tasks, and conducting performance reviews
- Project group expenditures and budgets, including developing estimates for materials and capital assets
- Interact with groups and departments outside of manufacturing including launch and space system engineering, product development, and operations
- Assure continued training and skills development for team members, and mentor early career team members
- Conduct maintenance and operability assessments related to ground support equipment with manufacturing and Mission Operations groups.
- Represent the Ground Support Equipment group in manufacturing, operations, and program technical reviews
- Minimum of a college degree in aerospace, mechanical, industrial, or manufacturing engineering; physics; or other major requiring engineering or manufacturing core courses
- 10+ years’ experience working on aerospace development programs, production lines, or field operations in both leadership and hands-on roles; experience on commercial development programs a plus
- Experience with design specification, procurement, operation, and maintenance of GSE
- Must be able to evaluate and hire top talent
- Extremely customer focused with strong communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with teams of diverse skills across large geographic distances
- A continuous improvement mindset. Our job is never complete; we are always optimizing.
- Intense curiosity for understanding the details of our business and how to optimize it
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills and a proven ability to drive complex projects with minimal oversight
- Applicant must be a United States citizen or permanent resident alien