DESCRIPTION: Blue Origin is developing the next generation launch and space vehicle manufacturing facility on Florida’s Space Coast at our Orbital Launch Site Manufacturing Complex. As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will lead a team of engineers and production specialists in the coordination, delivery, assembly, integration, test, and installation of various subsystems onto launch vehicle stages. These subsystems include avionics (power, data, and communication), fluids (hydraulic and pneumatic systems), and mechanical (mechanisms and actuation). This role requires strong coordination among subsystems to assure timely delivery of hardware, and with the Stage Integration group for conflict-free integration onto the launch vehicle stages. We put a strong emphasis on hands-on technical ability, as our leaders are directly involved with projects and problem-solving, and manage through active engagement with the team. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Oversee all aspects of avionics, fluids, and mechanical subsystem integration and delivery for assembly on launch vehicle stages. This includes a range of activities including receipt of components and assemblies from suppliers, inspection, assembly, and test of parts and assemblies to assure they meet specifications, identifying and dispositioning non-conformances, , and delivering assemblies to the Stage Integration group for installation on launch vehicle stages
- Build and manage the Subsystem Integration Team, including developing resource plans and profiles, authoring job descriptions, conducting interviews, making hiring recommendations, assigning tasks, and conducting performance reviews
- Project group expenditures and budgets, including developing estimates for materials and capital assets
- Interact with groups and departments outside of manufacturing including Production Integration, Tank Production, Subsystem Integration, and Operations groups
- Assure continued training and skills development for team members, and mentor early career team members
- Conduct manufacturability and producibility assessments with manufacturing and engineering groups
- Represent the Subsystem Integration group in manufacturing and program technical reviews
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in aerospace, mechanical, industrial, or manufacturing engineering; physics; or other major requiring engineering or manufacturing core courses
- 10+ years’ experience working on aerospace development programs or production lines in both leadership and hands-on roles; experience on commercial development programs a plus
- Experience across a range of launch vehicle subsystems including avionics, fluids, and mechanical
- Must be able to evaluate and hire top talent
- Extremely customer focused with strong communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with teams of diverse skills across large geographic distances
- A continuous improvement mindset. Our job is never complete; we are always optimizing.
- Intense curiosity for understanding the details of our business and how to optimize it
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills and a proven ability to drive complex projects with minimal oversight
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.