DESCRIPTION: Blue Origin is developing the next generation launch and space vehicle manufacturing facility on Florida’s Space Coast at our Orbital Launch Site Manufacturing Complex. We are in search of a Complex Operations Manager who will lead a team of facility and equipment engineers and technicians. This team is chartered with planning and performing preventive and corrective maintenance, and unplanned servicing of facility systems and manufacturing equipment. The Complex Operations group interfaces directly with the Production Management and Control group for integrated planning and schedule with production operations. We put a strong emphasis on hands-on technical ability, as our leaders are directly involved with projects and problem-solving, and manage through active engagement with the team.
- Oversee all aspects of preventive and corrective maintenance, and unplanned servicing for facility systems and manufacturing equipment including coordinating equipment installation, developing service and maintenance plans, establishing subcontracts with qualified suppliers for critical services, monitor equipment performance, and assuring safe and efficient operation of equipment
- Build and manage the Complex Operations Team, including developing resource plans and profiles, authoring job descriptions, conducting interviews, making hiring recommendations, assigning tasks, and conducting performance reviews
- Project group expenditures and budgets, including developing estimates for materials and capital assets
- Interact with groups and departments outside of manufacturing including launch and space system engineering, product development, and operations
- Assure continued training and skills development for team members, and mentor early career team members
- Conduct manufacturability and producibility assessments with manufacturing and engineering groups
- Represent Orbital Launch Site manufacturing in program technical reviews
- 15+ years’ experience working directly on facility and manufacturing equipment operations and maintenance, in both leadership and hands-on roles; experience on aerospace or commercial development programs a plus
- Must be able to set a high hiring bar while evaluating and hiring top talent
- Extremely customer focused with strong communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with teams of diverse skills across large geographic distances
- A continuous improvement mindset. Our job is never complete; we are always optimizing.
- Intense curiosity for understanding the details of our business and how to optimize it
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills and a proven ability to drive complex projects with minimal oversight
- Applicant must be a United States citizen or permanent resident alien