DESCRIPTION: As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for managing sales and business development opportunities and customer relationships for engine sales to industry and government customers. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of personal interaction with outside customers, as well as internal technical staff. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Manage customer relationships with existing and new industry and government customers for Blue engines, including the BE-3, BE-3U, BE-4 and BE-4U.
- Serve as the primary BD interface with internal Engines Group and engage with other internal program efforts, such as New Shepard and New Glenn, as appropriate.
- Serve as the primary day-to-day interface with industry and government engine customers.
- Coordinate and assemble responses to customer data requests.
- Track Blue engine development, testing and production.
- Assist development of strategic partnerships and teaming arrangements for both government and commercial engine sales and business development opportunities.
- Assess competitor capabilities and offerings to understand the competitiveness of our market position and offerings.
- Support engine-related proposal efforts, including responses to draft RFPs, RFPs, RFIs, and other solicitations.
- Coordinate efforts with other internal company functions, such as Government Relations, Finance and Business Operations, Communications and Contracts.
- Communicate customer management status to company leadership team and other company functions.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in technical field.
- 10+ years in rocket propulsion related technical role.
- Business-to-business/or and business-to-government sales experience.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Extraordinarily high judgment, energy, creativity, standards for yourself and others.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree.
- Experience with broader business development activities.
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.