DESCRIPTION: As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will provide technical expertise and analytical solutions to support the development of new space vehicles and test/launch facilities for various spaceflight systems. You’ll need proficiency in shock, vibration, and acoustic environment measurement/prediction/analysis, and laboratory testing. You will need a solid foundation in basic structural mechanics, in addition to your high-frequency skills. Working independently on advanced development projects, you’ll find your excellent collaboration and communication skills are an essential part of the job. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Prediction of launch vehicle shock, vibration, and acoustic environments due to engine, aero, pyro, or other sources
- Shock, vibration and acoustic measurement/data interpretation of ground and flight tests
- Development, supervision, and verification of component environmental tests
- Develop and refine vibroacoustic test methods, procedures, levels, and duration
- Other high and low-frequency loads tasks as required
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering
- 5+ years of experience in launch and space vehicle vibroacoustic analysis/measurement/testing
- Passion for launch vehicle high-frequency structural loads development/validation/testing
- A solid foundation of vibroacoustic and structural static/dynamic fundamentals, including PSD, OASPL, SRS, static/dynamic equilibrium, stress/strain/modulus, bending/shear/axial force development, etc.
- MATLAB proficiency
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-discipline team and provide technical guidance and insight
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- High-frequency environment prediction skills related to launch vehicles
- Experience solving a variety of complex problems using a combination of analysis and hands-on laboratory testing
- Experience with the following commercial software tools is a plus: SEAM, VA One, ANSYS, NASTRAN, LS-Dyna, C/C++, FORTRAN
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.