DESCRIPTION: As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will lead the avionics hardware team responsible for development, integration, commissioning, and delivery of box-level embedded systems across multiple Programs. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of flight control computers, flight instrumentation systems, power distribution and control systems, network and communication systems, and flight safety systems.
You will maintain the Company standards, processes, and methods for embedded systems development and work with the team to evaluate system solutions to maximize performance and commonality across multiple Programs. You will develop comparative metrics and assess potential concepts while considering manufacturability, operability, performance and recurring cost. You will prioritize the work to be performed, focusing the team to complete trade studies and concept evaluations, and coordinate the presentation of findings and recommendations to our customers. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Develop standards, processes, and methods for the Avionics Hardware Embedded Systems team
- Work with team leads to prioritize design and analysis tasks
- Lead and coach team members
- Guide high-level avionics hardware functional requirement derivation and technology development
- Coordinate and track team engagement across Programs
- Perform analytics on data to drive business decisions and iteration on team products
- Anticipate business needs and provide associated proposals and system solutions
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in engineering or related technical discipline
- 10+ years industry experience in embedded systems development, integration, test, and operations across subsystem, element, and system levels
- Demonstrated experience leading, mentoring and managing small, creative teams on fast-paced projects
- Ability to lead a team to produce results with partially defined requirements and changing criteria
- Intense curiosity for understanding the details of our business and how to optimize it
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills, ability to drive complex projects with minimal oversight
- Customer-oriented, continuous improvement mindset. Our job is never complete; we are always optimizing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- MBA or M.S. in engineering management
- Extensive embedded systems development and integrated test experience for spacecraft/launch vehicles
- Experience across multiple portions of the product life cycle
- Experience with human spaceflight or high performance aircraft systems
- Knowledge of systems engineering practices, fabrication, integration processes, quality and configuration management systems
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.