DESCRIPTION: As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will support the design, development, and test of launch vehicle hydraulic systems. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Responsibility for design of hydraulic subsystems for launch vehicles including:
- Development of component models
- Transport element detail design and routing
- Assembly & detail drawings
- Interface control documents
- Part procurement
- System test
- Manufacturing support
- Responsibility for hydraulic system architecture configuration, system performance modeling and predictions and failure modes analysis.
- Responsible for development of conceptual designs and conduct of trade studies.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of recent experience designing Aerospace or equivalent hydraulic system elements within aircraft, spacecraft, or launch vehicles.
- Strong mechanical design and integration skills using 3D modeling tools (CREO preferred).
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- Experience in primary flight control actuator design.
- Experience in the design and operational of hydraulic servo-valves.
- Experience in structural FEA using ANSYS, NASTRAN or similar tools.
- Experience in hydraulic / fluid systems modeling and analysis
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.