DESCRIPTION: As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will support the design, development, and test of launch vehicle ordnance systems for various spaceflight systems. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Responsibility for design of ordnance subsystems for launch vehicles. Includes development of component models, assembly & detail drawings, interface control documents, part procurement, component qualification and system test.
- Responsibility for ordnance system architecture configuration, system performance modeling and predictions and failure modes analysis.
- Responsible for development of conceptual designs and conduct of system level trade studies.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years of recent experience designing Aerospace or equivalent ordnance system elements within aircraft, spacecraft, or launch vehicles.
- Experience in ordnance device qualification and acceptance testing.
- Strong mechanical design and integration skills using 3D modeling tools (CREO preferred).
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- Experience in spacecraft or launch vehicle stage separation design.
- Experience in stage termination design.
- Experience in structural FEA using ANSYS, NASTRAN or similar tools.
- Hands on experience in the installation and check-out of ordnance systems.
- Familiarity with aerospace ordnance specifications.
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.