DESCRIPTION: As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for the hands-on design, development, and testing of the fluid systems for various spaceflight systems. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of fluid systems development and operation. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Participation in the entire design cycle of fluid subsystems including conceptual design, thermo-fluid modeling, structural layout and analysis, integration, test and mission support
- Designing and routing individual fluid subsystems (i.e. propellant feed, pressurization, pneumatics, reaction control) including procurement, integration support, and discrepancy resolution
- Designing fluid component groups (i.e. solenoid valves, regulators, pressure vessels) including specification, procurement, processing, and discrepancy resolution of specific components
- Structural design and analysis of fluid subsystems including developing 3D models, assembly and detail drawings, interface control documents, bill of material management and FEA
- Fluid component and subsystem level testing including test planning, test execution, data reduction, and analysis
- Project planning, scheduling and cost estimation
- B.S. degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering
- 7+ years of experience with aircraft, spacecraft, or launch vehicles in the detail design of aerospace or equivalent type fluid systems and components
- Working knowledge of fluid components such as valves, regulators, and fittings
- Knowledge of fabrication, integration processes and quality control relative to tubes/piping and machined components
- Working knowledge of materials and treatments
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- Proficiency in 3D CAD programs (Creo Pro/E and Pro/E Piping)
- Knowledge in the use of FEA analysis tools (ANSYS preferred)
- Experience with the application and use of welding
- Experience with cryogenic systems
- Experience with GD&T (ASME Y14.5)
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.