DESCRIPTION: As leader of a team, you'll guide the development of suborbital or orbital elements of our human transportation systems. We are developing systems to support affordable, low cost, human access to space. Our product-based teams will support the development and definition, design hardware and software, develop operational procedures, support tooling and fabrication design, and work with assembly and operations personnel to test and deliver the elements and integrated system within schedule and budget.
- Develop program strategies and plans to execute supporting company vision
- Leadership and coaching of Project Managers
- Program planning and executing including scope, scheduling and resource allocation
- Risk and opportunity management
- Budget management and tracking
- Tracking, reporting, and communicating status, critical path, challenges and solutions
- Technical oversight and authority of a range of hardware and software solutions
- Requirement allocation, design, analysis and verification
- Manage element interfaces
- Prepare and manage design reviews
- Support ongoing efforts to identify, recruit, and interview candidates for the team
- Support to Business Development team to tailor capabilities to meet emerging needs
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in Engineering with Project Management training
- 15+ years industry experience in progressive project management roles – subsystem to element to system
- Demonstrated technical expertise in spacecraft, launch vehicle or high performance aircraft development; including one or more of the following: human spaceflight, liquid rocket engines, fluid/mechanical systems, structures and tanks, avionics, and systems engineering and integration.
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing small teams on fast-paced hardware and flight projects.
- Ability to lead and hold accountable a geographically dispersed team
- Experience with logic linked scheduling and Cost Account Management
- Experience with IMP/IMS, risk management, configuration management, requirements management processes
- Experience in budget management and reporting
- Leadership and management experience as well as a history of mentoring
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- U.S. citizen, permanent resident alien or otherwise able to review all export-controlled technical information
- PMP credential or equivalent
- MBA or MS in engineering management
- Experience across multiple portions of the product life cycle
- Experience with human spaceflight or high performance aircraft systems
- Experience with Primavera (P6), DOORS, CREO, Windchill
- Knowledge of systems engineering practices, fabrication, integration processes, quality and configuration management systems
- Experience with proposal leadership or support (technical/management volumes, BOE development, etc.)
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.