DESCRIPTION: As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for inspecting, fabricating and testing harness assemblies for various spaceflight systems. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Reviewing, editing, and following detailed work instructions for assembly tasks.
- Working with engineers to review design concepts, provide feedback for ease of assembly, support development tests and contribute to process development.
- Assemble/fabricate wire harnesses.
- Perform quality inspections, support engineering in troubleshooting quality issues.
- Install of wire harnesses and instrumentation on vehicles and test fixtures.
- Record work performed using shop floor management software and e-mail (MS Outlook).
- Practice 5S, tool control, FOD awareness/prevention and safety minded.
- Ability to work in a team environment with multiple and rapidly changing priorities.
- Adhere to ESD and safety standards.
- Must have high school diploma or GED.
- 5+ years’ experience in aerospace avionics/harnessing or related fields.
- Ability to read/comprehend engineering drawings.
- ESD process and controls experience.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- Certification in and/or knowledge of IPC standards IPC/WHMA-A-620 and/or IPC J-STD-001 for assembly and inspection.
- 7+ years’ experience in aerospace avionics/harnessing or related fields.
- Experience fabricating flexible and rigid coax.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite.
Must be physically able to:
- Climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas.
- Lift and carry 25 lbs.
- Ability to successfully pass vision test.
- Work 1st or 2nd shift, as well as weekends and overtime, when necessary.
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.