DESCRIPTION: As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will lead development efforts that support affordable, low-cost, human access to space for various spaceflight systems. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of project engineering and management, including technical integration. You will lead small and multi-disciplinary teams to coordinate, prioritize, and execute projects across the product lifecycle. You are adept at managing to a plan, and you are also comfortable adjusting it in response to evolving requirements or external constraints. You provide even-keeled leadership in the face of unforeseen challenges in a dynamic environment. You will ensure your efforts support the company vision and occasionally incorporate or evolve projects into major development programs. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Develop program plans, budgets, and schedules, both from internally derived goals and constraints and from customer contracts and statements-of-work
- Identify staffing needs and resources priorities
- Project engineering, including definition, and management of technical tasks
- Lead cross-functional technical integration
- Risk and opportunity management
- Budget management and tracking
- Tracking, reporting, and communicating status, critical path, challenges, and solutions
- Technical oversight and authority of a range of hardware and software solutions
- Prepare and manage design reviews
- Support the Business Development team to tailor capabilities to meet emerging needs
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in Engineering with Project Management training
- 15+ years industry experience, 5+ in progressive project management roles
- Demonstrated technical expertise in spacecraft, launch vehicle, or high-performance aircraft development; including one or more of the following: human spaceflight, liquid rocket engines, fluid/mechanical systems, structures and tanks, avionics, and systems engineering and integration.
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing small teams on fast-paced projects
- Experience with logic-linked scheduling and cost-account management
- Experience with IMP/IMS, risk management, configuration management, requirements management processes
- Experience in budget management and reporting
- Leadership and management experience as well as a history of mentoring
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- PMP credential or equivalent
- MBA or MS in engineering management
- Experience across multiple portions of the product life cycle
- Experience with human spaceflight or high performance aircraft systems
- Experience with Primavera (P6), CREO, Windchill, Confluence, Jira
- Experience with proposal leadership or support (technical/management volumes, BOE development, etc.)
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.