DESCRIPTION: As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for structural analysis of launch vehicle primary and secondary structures as well as development of analysis processes. This is a hands-on position that will involve all aspects of structural analysis throughout design, assembly, testing, and flight operations. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Detailed analysis of primary and secondary airframe structures
- Supporting configuration development and trade studies
- Improving enterprise analysis capabilities such as creating process automation tools for model creation, strength checks, and analysis report generation
- Providing technical guidance on detailed design structural integrity
- Maintain and report on activity schedule, budget and technical status
- B.S. degree in engineering and 3+ years of experience with aircraft, spacecraft, launch vehicle structures, or automotive;
- Demonstrated experience on launch vehicles, aircraft, or automotive at least three of the following areas:
- Free-body diagramming skills for internal and reaction load derivation;
- Analysis of metallic and/or composite structures (skin-stringer, fittings, sandwich panels, etc);
- Analysis of stability critical structures;
- Midsurfacing and generation of plate element meshes for large assembly models;
- Familiarity with classical aerospace sizing methods (Bruhn, Niu, Roark, etc).
- Demonstrated proficiency with one or more of the following analysis codes: Nastran, Ansys, Abaqus, LS-Dyna, Optistruct
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- Demonstrated process automation experience using scripting languages is highly desired (VBA, Matlab, Python, FORTRAN, etc)
- Composite design and analysis skills in any thermoset, thermoplastic, metal matrix and ceramic matrix composites.
- Experience with ProEngineer Wildfire 4 or greater.
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.