DESCRIPTION: As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for materials and process tasks such as new alloy and process development, supporting design for produciblity, material selection and qualification, mechanical testing and quality control.
- Work with design, analysis, and nondestructive test engineers to select materials, manufacturing processes, and suppliers to produce world class aerospace hardware
- Research, develop and qualify new alloy chemistries for demanding operational conditions unique to rocket propulsion, and processes to manufacture hardware
- Identify and apply mature state-of-the-art processes to manufacturing, and develop process control documentation and quality assurance measures
- Develop new processes to solve engineering problems, including welding, forging, forming, coating and heat treatment
- Support efforts to increase and improve the application of additive manufacturing
- B.S. degree or higher in material science or mechanical engineering with materials focus
- 5+ year experience working in a research, design and/or manufacturing environment
- Ability to operate metallographic lab equipment, perform analysis, and report results
- Experience with metals manufacturing processes, examples are: casting, forging, brazing, welding, heat treatment, powder metallurgy
- Experience developing plans for mechanical testing, such as tensile, fatigue, crack growth, and creep
- Experience developing and executing experiment plans, such as SEM/EDS, corrosion, chemical analysis
- Strong written and personal computer skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and handle large and small projects with a diversity of customers
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- Powder metallurgy and additive manufacturing experience
- Ability to operate manual machine tools (basic lathe, mill)
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.