DESCRIPTION: As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for materials and process tasks such as aerospace materials compatibility assessments, materials cleaning, passivation and verification, design for produciblity support, materials and processes selection and quality control. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Work with design and manufacturing to select materials, manufacturing processes, and suppliers to produce world class aerospace hardware
- Research, identify or develop and qualify new processes in the cleaning, passivation and verification for rocket and rocket propulsion hardware
- Identify and apply mature state-of-the-art processes to manufacturing, and develop process control documentation and quality assurance measures
- Support efforts to develop and qualify new processes in the cleaning and verification of additive manufactured parts
- Provide support in the areas of surface treatments and corrosion inhibition
- B.S. degree or higher in Chemical Engineering
- Experience working in a research, design and/or manufacturing environment
- Ability to operate laboratory equipment, perform analysis, and report results
- Experience or knowledge in surface treatment processes for corrosion inhibition, cleaning and passivation.
- Experience developing experimental plans, executing tests, collecting data, reporting results and providing recommendations.
- Knowledge in a wide variety of materials including metals and composites
- Strong written and personal computer skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and handle large and small projects with a diversity of customers
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- Experience with chemical tank line operations
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.