DESCRIPTION: As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and building the software infrastructure used to design and test Blue’s aerospace vehicles for human space flight. You should be comfortable in working in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment, contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating individual leadership, technical competence, and attention to detail. This position includes both simulation software development tasks and hands-on design, development, and test tasks. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Develop processes, infrastructure, and environments to aid in the continuous improvement of our flight and ground software test programs
- Develop software to aid and support simulation model development and GN&C (guidance, navigation, and control) flight software design and testing in desktop and hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) environments
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of engineers and experts to develop cross-functional solutions for simulation development and analysis
- Develop automated test environments to support regression testing and requirement verification
- Develop and support distributed computing infrastructure for Monte-Carlo analysis
- Support continuous integration and test of hardware/software in support of flight software qualification
- B.S. degree or higher in aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, or related field, with hands-on professional experience developing software for engineering problems
- 5+ years of relevant software development experience
- Strong software development skills, particularly in MATLAB/Simulink and C/C++
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team on rapid development programs
- Highly organized and capable of planning, guiding, and completing complex technical work
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- Strong domain knowledge and engineering fundamentals in a traditional engineering discipline in addition to strong software development experience
- Experience with Simulink and MATLAB autocoding practices
- Experience with large scale model development in Simulink
- Experience with Windows, Linux, Python, real time operating systems, serial communications, IP networking, and embedded systems
- Familiarity with sensors and actuators, including GPS, accelerometers, rate gyros, pressure or temperature sensors, solenoids, servos
- Hands-on experience with hardware-in-the-loop testing and test development
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.