DESCRIPTION: As part of a unique and highly skilled team dedicated to expanding spaceflight, you’ll develop an integrated manufacturing system leveraging state of the art manufacturing processes to design and manufacture advanced space propulsion systems.
You’ll own this process which captures the manufacturing needs leverages Lean techniques and creates meaningful information for high-efficiency invention, evolution, and stable execution of advanced manufacturing processes. Interfacing with facility automation engineers, process engineers, design and analysis engineers, machine and process operators, enterprise tool developers, and equipment and material vendors, you’ll identify requirements and opportunities for data, tools, equipment and workflow automation.
- Manage Manufacturing-related Projects
- Production Support- Production scheduling, theory of constraints, budgets and forecasts, crew empowerment, defect analysis and benchmarking analysis, core competency definition, make/buy evaluations
- Process Improvement- Lean Manufacturing, Engineering economic analysis, process mapping, Root cause analysis, statistical methods, Six Sigma, time studies, waste reduction, and work sampling
- Operations improvement- Ergonomic and human factors, Operations Plans, Recovery planning, Capacity planning, Capital planning
- Integrated Systems- Value Stream Analysis, facility layouts, production systems design, manufacturing process design, systems thinking
- BS in Industrial, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering
- 15+ years of experience
- Experience working in a production environment
- Applicant must be a United States citizen or permanent resident alien
- Experience transitioning development to production
- Manned space flight production experience
- Strong teaming skills
- Hands-on experience with materials and manufacturing processes