DESCRIPTION: As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for structural analysis of launch vehicle pneumatic and hydraulic tubing, support structures, valves, and pressure vessels as well as development of analysis processes for various spaceflight systems. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of fluid system structural integrity throughout design, assembly, testing, and flight operations. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Structural design consultation and structural analysis of fluid systems hardware and mounting
- Improving enterprise analysis capabilities such as creating process automation tools for model creation, strength checks, and analysis report generation
- Supporting configuration development and trade studies
- Identification of opportunities for safety improvements and weight savings
- Providing technical guidance and oversight for designers completing structural analysis
- Maintain and report on activity schedule and technical status
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- 3+ years of experience with the structural analysis of pressurized components and systems including tubing/piping, pressure vessels, and valves
- Experience with FEA analysis tools (ANSYS preferred)
- Working knowledge of 3D CAD programs (Creo Pro/E and Pro/E Piping module preferred)
- Working knowledge of manufacturing methods, material selection, testing, characterization & allowables development
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- Experience with fatigue analysis and fracture mechanics (hand calcs, NASGRO, VCCT, etc)
- Experience with the application and use of welding and/or casting
- Experience with cryogenic and elevated temperature systems
- Working knowledge of composite overwrapped pressure vessels (COPVs)
- Demonstrated process automation experience using scripting (VBA, Matlab, Python, FORTRAN, etc)
- Experience with one or more of the following analysis codes: Nastran, Ansys, Abaqus, LS-Dyna, Optistruct
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.