DESCRIPTION: As part of a unique and highly-skilled avionics hardware team, you will lead production transition activities for components and subsystems integrated on rocket launch vehicles and spacecraft.
- Perform a hands-on engineering and liaison role between our design team and our manufacturing customers.
- Develop and improve processes across engineering, manufacturing, supplier, and business teams to manage hardware deliverables through Initial Manufacturing and Production Transition phases.
- Establish appropriate design, manufacturing, and supplier controls to support engineering handoff to operations.
- Lead supplier capability assessments, troubleshooting investigations, and First Article support.
- Provide expertise in design-for-test and design-for-manufacturing activities
- Lead projects to eliminate waste, reduce time-to-iteration, and improve outcomes.
- Conduct tests, interpret data, document results and communicate results.
- Maintain and report on activity schedule, budget, and technical status.
- Drive to root cause, corrective action, and preventive action.
- Mentor and educate on process architecture, execution, and improvements.
- B.S. degree in engineering or physics discipline.
- 5+ years of demonstrated resourcefulness and execution within complex, rapidly-changing manufacturing environments.
- Desire to work hands-on, both independently and as part of a team, throughout the development and production phases of the product lifecycle.
- Project management skills consistent with leading a team including suppliers through the complex Production Transition phase.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong task ownership, someone who demonstrates pride in all work and willingness to perform low-level tasks when needed.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with ERP systems, work order creation/management, and BOM structures.
- Experience in both development and production environments.
- Must be willing to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Applicant must be a United States citizen or permanent resident alien
- Passion for advancing the commercial space industry and human spaceflight.
- M.S. degree in mechanical, industrial, aerospace, or manufacturing engineering.
- Experience with 3D CAD software.
- Experience in small company, startup, or growth transition environments.
- Kaizen, Six Sigma, or related training.