DESCRIPTION: As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will work closely with electrical, mechanical and manufacturing engineers to produce complex Printed Circuit Board layout designs and provide library development and maintenance support. A successful candidate must effectively engage directly in PCB/PCBA and box/module/subassembly development activities. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Develop and release PCB layouts
- Develop and maintain board eCAD design libraries, including part footprints and related information.
- Contribute to PCB/PCBA design reviews by providing DfM/DfA/DfT and similar value added info.
- Contribute to determining feasibility of project goals and objectives related to PCB development.
- Collaborate in defining PCB development process improvements (procedures and checklists).
- Collaborate with PCB design tool assessment and automation.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency, commitment, and focus on the right priorities in each PCB design.
- Independently determine general approach and provide reliable solutions to technical problems including working through complex issues related to PCB layouts and assemblies.
- Technical diploma or certification and a minimum of 5 years experience as a PCB designer.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of PCB “best practices” for both design and manufacturing.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Cadence OrCAD for board layout design.
- Knowledge of IPC PCB fabrication and electronic assembly standards (e.g. IPC-7351B, IPC-2221B).
- Track record of successful board design product releases demonstrating mastery of:
- High-speed, impedance controlled stack-up, multi-layer board layout design.
- Fine pitch BGA routing, including blind – buried vias.
- Complex analog and digital signal routing.
- Multi-rail power delivery and high-speed signal integrity constraints.
- Design constraint management; including trace length matching, spacing rules, etc.
- Ability to create and maintain symbol / footprint libraries.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong task ownership, someone who demonstrates pride in all work.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- College degree in relevant engineering field, or other related discipline.
- Experience with board design related to safety critical hardware systems compliant with DO-254.
- Experience working with PCB/PCBA manufacturing vendors.
- High reliability board design experience; including compliance with DfM, DfM & DfT requirements.
- Familiarity with Windchill, or related tool, product design management and support.
- Familiarity with Cadence schematic capture tools / processes to support board development efforts.
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.