DESCRIPTION: As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for assisting the Fluids Systems groups in performing development, qualification and acceptance testing of vehicle flight components and sub-assemblies. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of operation of high pressure fluid systems, cryogenic fluids and data acquisition systems. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Execute performance testing of fluid systems components before, during and after vibration and thermal cycle tests.
- Assist in the design and fabrication of engineering development tests as requested.
- Maintain a high level of lab organization, cleanliness and efficiency.
- Perform or coordinate periodic maintenance of lab equipment.
- Perform periodic proof tests of all flexible hoses and ensure all hoses are properly identified.
- Participate in Test Readiness and Hazop Reviews to ensure compliance with Blue Origin Health and Safety Manual requirements.
- Review new preliminary designs for producibility and maintainability.
- Identify production part shortages and coordinate procurement.
- Provide technical training and guidance for Integration Engineers responsible for integration of Fluid Systems components.
- Maintain and report on activity schedule, budget and technical status
- Identify opportunities for tools, manufacturing aids and equipment that will improve lab operations.
- Identify opportunities for safety improvements and operational cost savings
- Ensure users of labs are trained in lab best practices
- 10 years of experience in the assembly and test of aircraft, spacecraft, or launch vehicle fluid systems components, or equivalent relevant industry experience.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- Experience with Creo Parametric, Creo View and Windchill 10
- Experience with rapid development techniques for hardware
- Knowledge of high pressure, cryogenic, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical power systems.
- Familiarity with energetic devices.
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.