DESCRIPTION: As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for working closely with engineering design and company leadership to support all manufacturing efforts and equipment required to build composite skin assemblies. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of owning the technical performance and capability of equipment and processes, as well as delivery and commissioning in support of programmatic budgets and schedules. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Coordinate all manufacturing processes required to make Carbon Fiber Composite skin panels including implementation of technical requirements, and control of critical process parameters
- Actively participate in the engineering design process, and provide Manufacturability input from establishment of part requirements through to final installation of composite skin assemblies.
- Own quality of the composite skin assemblies produced, either internal to Blue Origin or at an outside vendor.
- Work with both internal suppliers and vendors to develop a tool string and processes required to build high quality composite skins with a zero-defect launch.
- Support the program with contract document authoring as needed to source parts and services from the supply base, from an initial Request for Information through to first part delivery to Blue Origin’s integration facility.
- Develop budget projections and maintain control of capital equipment and process costs
- Develop and keep a current integrated view of:
- Production Process Long Range Strategic Plan
- Composite panel schedule including any and all tooling
- Production Initiatives such as Lean Manufacturing implementation
- Be a vocal advocate for the Composite Skins internally, ensuring production control standards are met.
- B.S. degree or higher in Mechanical, Materials, Manufacturing, Aerospace Engineering or other relevant field
- 5+ years’ experience in design and manufacturing environments specific to production of complex systems with track record of increasing responsibility
- Experience with aerospace composite manufacturing including hand-layup, core placement, Automated Fiber Placement and different curing processes.
- Proven experience and successful track record leading teams in a matrix organization
- Strong written, personal, and computer skills. Ability to communicate clearly and appropriately at the executive leadership level and on the shop floor
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- Carbon fiber laminate composites in high performance applications
- Launch vehicles
- Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma processes and implementation
- Experience with process control monitoring, and root cause evaluation
- Experience with integrally stiffened composite solid laminate structures
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.