DESCRIPTION: As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for the operations, maintenance, configuration control, risk assessment and readiness of all Ground Support Equipment (GSE) in support of flight vehicles operations and mission. Your responsibilities will cut across vehicles, systems, and people. The GSE Manager will be assigned to the launch operations element lead and will support the vehicle managers and launch crew to ensure GSE needs are met. Responsibilities will include the Transporter-Erector and tractor, Mobile Launch Stands, Mobile RF Ground Station, PM and CC recovery vehicles, ground loggers, and mobile maintenance stands including the PM-CC mate fixture. You will be based at our facility in Kent, Washington with routine travel to our facility in Texas. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- All aspects of the GSE including, configuration control, maintenance, and preflight tests.
- Accept any new or upgraded GSE when it arrives at the launch site.
- Work with GSE design engineers to ensure timely completion of GSE upgrades for operational improvements
- Identify and clear constraints affecting GSE (DRs, ECRs, open work, etc.) to support launch operations
- Ownership of GSE-specific Master Launch Procedures (MLPs)
- Continuous improvement and knowledge capture of GSE operations in support of vehicle pre-launch operation and post-flight inspections.
- Identify maintenance items to be tracked in Preventative Maintenance System for recurring vehicle maintenance and inspections. Establish and track metrics associated with preventative maintenance.
- Represent GSE status / readiness at Mission Scope Reviews (MSR), Mission Readiness Reviews (MRR), and Final Flight Readiness Reviews (FFR) – provide go/no-go recommendation for GSE.
- Coordinate all GSE maintenance either in person on site or by delegation to ME, ITOPs or IE leading the work on site.
- Ensure GSE consumables and spares on hand to support mission requirements.
- Support Flight Director and Engineering Lead during flight operations for GSE related anomalies.
- Updating IGS (Integrated Ground System) control panels and MGS software load procedures for MGS and ground loggers.
- Additional duties as assigned, including implementation of multiple vehicle operations.
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in engineering or equivalent experience
- Previous responsibility for and experience with equipment maintenance and operations in the field.
- Strong coordination and project management skills. Must be able to track, manage and prioritize multiple simultaneous tasks and jobs.
- Excellent computer skills with the ability to use a variety of management and planning software tools, including the ability to rapidly learn apply new software tools as required, to include limited coding of operating scripts, IGS GUI, and procedures.
- A proven track record of working successfully in multiple disciplines, and the ability to evaluate technical recommendations from subject matter experts in a wide range of disciplines
- Proven communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships within the organization.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- Experience supervising maintenance and operation of hydraulic systems
- Experience supervising maintenance of RF equipment and electronics/control systems
- Experience supervising maintenance of heavy equipment
- Experience with executing a preventative maintenance system
- Operational experience with complex vehicles and equipment, including control room experience.
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.