DESCRIPTION: As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will develop and execute commercial quality processes for the design, test and manufacture of launch vehicles, spacecraft, and related technologies. You will be responsible to drive quality products throughout the organization by maintaining a corporate culture that emphasizes accountability, discipline, and attention to detail at all levels. You must have a passion for solving complex problems and providing operable solutions; act with minimal direction and on your own initiative; and be adaptable as you will work on a variety of applications and systems. We are looking for an individual that can implement innovative quality initiatives as part of the Software Development teams in support of human space flight. You will report to the Blue Origin Director of Safety and Mission Assurance. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Establish and implement and maintain quality system processes that support products in development and production environments
- Generate metrics and trending for managing risk and communicating software readiness for flight operations
- Perform periodic audits of the application of our quality system
- Participate in all aspects of integrated hardware/software system verification and validation including test planning, test execution, troubleshooting, issue resolution, documentation of test results, and data reviews.
- Review software being developed to aid and support simulation model development and GN&C flight software verification in desktop and hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) environments
- Collaborate with software development engineers and hardware simulation engineers to identify and resolve r
- Participate in engineering design reviews and make recommendations to enhance the quality and manufacturability of new designs
- Recommend initiatives and/or changes that will improve product and system quality
- Interface with external customers on quality related concerns
- Minimum of a B.S. in engineering or science
- 10+ years’ industry experience in the engineering field with at least 8 years in a software quality engineer role
- Able to identify problems, perform root cause analysis and implement corrective actions
- Aerospace, space launch, or military or commercial aviation preferred
- Analysis requirements to develop test strategies
- Promote Design for Testability as a core principle of the development team
- Strong software verification skills
- Strong software development skills, particularly in MATLAB/Simulink and Python
- Hands-on experience with hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) testing and test development
- Familiarity with AS9100 or ISO9000 Quality Management System and/or related quality systems and programs
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- Relevant experience in transitioning a product from development, through production to operations
- Relevant experience in AS9145, Advanced Product Quality Planning and Production Part Approval Process
- Quality performance measurement analysis capabilities
- American Society of Quality, Certified Quality Engineer certification
- Six Sigma Green, Black Belt, or comparable certification
- Experience developing and testing real-time embedded systems, control systems, device drivers, mobile devices, or communication systems
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.