DESCRIPTION: As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will develop and execute commercial quality processes for the design, test and manufacture of launch vehicles, spacecraft, and related technologies. You will be responsible to drive quality products throughout the organization by maintaining a corporate culture that emphasizes accountability, discipline, and attention to detail at all levels. You must have a passion for solving complex problems and providing operable solutions; act with minimal direction and on your own initiative; and be adaptable as you will work on a variety of applications and systems. We are looking for an individual that can implement innovative quality initiatives for structural components in support of the manufacturing of orbital launch vehicles. You will report to the Quality Leader for Orbital Launch Services. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Establish and implement and maintain quality system processes that support a production environment
- Be the Quality Subject Matter Expert for setting the Quality standard – use of Best Practices during the Production Development Process and Manufacturing Process
- Responsible for ‘First time Quality’ of hardware flowing through the Structural Components work cell, as well as the MRB process
- Develop pro-active means to identify nonconforming hardware (at point of defect vs independent assessment)
- Act as independent liaison / peer reviewer for manufacturing planning, work cell creation, and critical tasks within the Structural Components work cell
- Drive key Quality initiatives within the Structural Components manufacturing team, such as FOD prevention, calibration requirements, MRB leadership, and internal auditing.
- Measure, analyze, and improve quality system performance consistent with organization quality goals.
- Integrate quality system applications between engineering, manufacturing, and operations to ensure the consistent and ongoing use of quality best practices and communication of quality issues. Support of PFMEAs, as well as corresponding corrective actions.
- Facilitate troubleshooting of quality issues with diverse teams, lead causal analysis activities to drive to root cause and corrective action. Drive containment of anomalies, as well as leadership within hardware failure investigations.
- Interface with external customers on quality related concerns
- Minimum of a B.S. in engineering or science
- 10+ years’ industry experience in the aerospace manufacturing field with at least 8 years in a quality engineer role
- Quality assurance experience in production environment
- Experience with the manufacturing and quality features associated with structural component processes (machining, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T), etc.)
- Aerospace, space launch, or military or commercial aviation preferred
- Familiarity with AS9100 or ISO9000 Quality Management System and/or related quality systems and programs
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- Quality assurance experience in machining production environment
- Relevant experience in transitioning a product from development, through production to operations
- Relevant experience in AS9145, Advanced Product Quality Planning and Production Part Approval Process
- American Society of Quality, Certified Quality Engineer certification
- Six Sigma Green, Black Belt, or comparable certification
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.