DESCRIPTION: As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for the hands-on design, development, and testing of the fluid systems and fluid system components for Blue Origin’s varied launch vehicle programs. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of fluid systems development and operation. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Responsibility for fluid subsystem and component level testing. Includes deriving test requirements, test plan and test procedure writing, test fixture design / manufacture, test execution, data reduction and analysis
- Troubleshooting hardware anomalies and providing designers with feedback
- Participation in the entire design cycle of fluid systems including system architecture definition, failure modes and hazards analysis, thermo-fluid system modeling, component sizing, conceptual design, structural layout and analysis, integration, test and mission support
- Test schedule and cost estimation
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering
- 3+ years of experience in pressurized system testing, fluid systems data analysis and component development testing
- Experience setting up and executing tests on fluid system components
- Experience with technical writing, specifically test plans, procedures, and reports
- Working knowledge of fluid components such as valves, regulators, and fittings
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- Experience with pressurized systems > 3000 psia
- Experience with launch and space vehicle environmental testing requirements
- Experience with cryogenic fluids
- Proficiency in LabVIEW
- Knowledge in the use of fluid analysis tools (Sinda-Fluent)
- Knowledge in the use of FEA analysis tools (ANSYS preferred)
- Proficiency in 3D CAD programs (Creo Pro/E and Pro/E Piping module)
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.