DESCRIPTION: As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will support procurement, fabrication, assembly and testing of engine components and assemblies for development and production programs for various spaceflight systems.
You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of component and engine build planning, configuration management, component checkout, assembly and similar supporting functions to deliver components and assemblies for testing. You will identify and implement opportunities to improve build/assembly duration and reduce costs during the product life cycle. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Assisting in planning activities with tasks related to engine component and assembly fabrication
- Assisting with schedule and cost estimation
- Authoring, reviewing and maintaining required engineering documentation including engineering drawings, fabrication and assembly build instructions and test procedures
- Supporting process development and procedures for procurement, manufacturing, verification, assembly and testing in a development environment traceable to rate production
- Creating, maintaining and reporting engine component build/assembly activity schedule and technical status
- Creating, maintaining and reporting the as designed, built and tested hardware configurations
- Managing engine component bill of material supply/demand
- Identifying opportunities for safety improvements and cost savings
- B.S. degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering
- 5+ years of experience with aircraft, spacecraft, or launch vehicles component fabrication, build, assembly and testing
- Knowledge of procurement, fabrication, integration processes and quality control relative to aerospace and propulsion-related hardware and assemblies
- Experience with project engineering tasks supporting development and production hardware
- Experience managing suppliers
- Experience authoring work instructions and test procedures
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- Familiarity with CAD applications (PTC Creo / Windchill)
- Experience with hydraulic systems, cryogenic fluids instrumentation and valves
- Hands-on experience with building engine assemblies and subassemblies for test
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.