DESCRIPTION: As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for leading and managing the development of guidance and control (G&C) designs for Blue’s aerospace vehicles and supporting the design, development, verification and flight test efforts. You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment, contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating personal leadership, technical competence, and attention to detail. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Lead the development of guidance and control systems for Blue Origin’s family of vehicles
- Architect guidance and control system solutions and lay the technical foundations necessary for successful detailed design and test
- Support configuration design studies and, when needed, develop prototype control system solutions
- Develop guidance and control requirements with traceability up to system and software
- Support systems analysis with a cross-functional mindset to support system level architectural decisions
- Assist in developing verification and validation procedures to ensure software products will perform as specified to meet system and subsystem requirements
- Support the development and execution of component-level guidance and control test programs, including integrated on-vehicle testing
- Identify opportunities for safety improvements and operational cost savings
- B.S. in electrical, mechanical, or aerospace engineering with 5+ years of design experience
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge in designing, testing and flying aerospace guidance and control systems for rockets, missiles, and aerodynamic reentry systems
- Highly organized and capable of planning and leading complex technical work
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience with MATLAB and Simulink and associated autocoding practices
- Able to identify problems, perform root cause analysis, and implement corrective actions
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- M.S. or Ph.D. in electrical, mechanical, or aerospace engineering
- Demonstrated experience in leading guidance and control system teams
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge space flight systems
- Ability to continuously manage risk and be comfortable with lean software development techniques
- Solid system engineering and configuration management skills
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.