DESCRIPTION: As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will work directly with Avionics system designers and engineers in the selection, application, and procurement of Electrical, Electronic, and Electromechanical (EEE) parts for avionics assemblies. You will provide design guidance for component de-rating, parts/circuit level analyses, environmental impacts including thermal and single event effects, and mission life predictions for EEE parts to improve the performance and reliability of avionics hardware flying on multiple programs. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Establishing, maintaining, and managing the EEE Parts Control Plan for multiple programs
- Managing EEE test specifications, screening, and qualification standards to ensure Parts Control Plan compliance
- Supporting design engineers by reviewing schematics and identifying candidate EEE parts that mitigate cost, performance, and schedule risk
- Developing and maintaining source control documentation for EEE parts
- Developing performance screening, qualification, and radiation requirements and test plans for EEE parts
- Identifying and evaluating EEE part vendors against Control Plan requirements
- Monitoring and investigating EEE part advisories and alerts (e.g. – GIDEP, ECIA)
- Processing Non-Standard Part Approval Requests, program waiver requests, and negotiated quality documentation
- Coordinating with purchasing for procurement of EEE parts from approved vendors
- Coordinating inventory management and suppliers per the EEE Parts Control Plan
- Travel as required to supplier locations throughout the U.S.
- B.S. degree or higher in electrical engineering, or other appropriate engineering fields
- 3+ years direct experience in EEE component selection, parts management, and standards awareness for commercial, automotive, military, and/or space applications
- EEE Parts Control Plan development, management, and Parts Control Board participation
- Standards familiarity and compliance enforcement: AEC-Q100/101/200, EEE-INST-002, GEIA-STD-0005-2, IPC, SAE AS5553/AS6496, SMC-S-010/011/016
- Knowledge of bill of materials and engineering revision/release processes
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- 5+ years direct experience in EEE component and parts management plus avionics hardware development, integration, and test
- Experience with the usage of commercial/automotive parts in a radiation environment
- Experience with radiation mitigation approaches at the circuit/system level
- Experience with component-level testing, up-screening, and PEM qualification
- Experience with CREME and specification of the radiation environment based on orbital parameters
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.