DESCRIPTION: As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of HR professionals, you will use your full spectrum HR experience to influence success within your business teams and across Blue Origin. You’ll be creating, scaling, and executing company-wide HR programs and practices, and partnering with key stakeholders to advance complex people, organizational, cultural, and leadership objectives. This role will require both strategic thinking and a tenacious drive for results through individual execution.
You’re the ideal candidate if you’re a seasoned HR generalist that can comfortably navigate the spectrum of HR domains. You’re a natural, influential leader with high energy, a bias for action, and passion for results. You’re a constant learner and one that’s open to unconventional means. You’re an autonomous problem solver that can think in scale. You’re a bold, optimistic, can-do-go-getter. You will thrive in a collaborative, extremely fast-paced environment and rapidly growing business. You will be able to identify opportunities and challenges, form solutions, and independently execute through completion. You will quickly and effortlessly earn trust, credibility, and respect.
In partnership with senior leaders, managers, and employees, the core responsibilities include:
- Developing, implementing, measuring, and leading key initiatives and projects in areas such as onboarding, change management, compensation/total rewards, metrics/analytics, employee relations/engagement/development, culture, diversity, performance, talent management, organizational effectiveness, management capability/leadership development, and policies/procedures and compliance
- Providing management coaching to front line managers and senior leaders
- Developing and advancing talent management plans and programs including HiPo, succession, internal movement, etc.
- Partnering with business to influence organizational design and change initiatives
- Engaging with employees to understand challenges, perspectives, and engagement
- Using data, analytic aptitude, and HR acumen to influence action, make recommendations and decisions, and assess results
- Facilitating training on topics such as conflict management, communication, workplace civility, team dynamics, leadership, and/or foundational management practices
- Ensuring strategic HR goals, policies, and programs are aligned with business strategy and initiatives
- Solving problems and identifying root causes of various complex issues and quickly implementing solutions across multiple professions and geographies
- Consistently exercising independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- 10+ years of demonstrated career progression as an HR business partner or generalist, spanning the majority of HR domains
- BS/BA degree in business, communication, HR, or similar
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend and navigate complex business matters (e.g., strategy, customer segments, competitors, business models, et. al) and apply systems thinking
- Demonstrated knowledge of organizational diagnostic methods, data analytics, and proven HR solutions
- Demonstrated knowledge of employment laws such as ERISA, COBRA, ADA, and other federal and state laws covering discrimination and equal opportunity employment
- Knowledge and use of project management frameworks and track record of delivering large scale, large impact projects
- Track record of quality execution, organization skills, attention to detail, and high level of accuracy
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills across a broad range of employee experience levels and professions
- Proficient in MS Office suite with advanced Excel skills, and other software tools and services
- Applicant must be a United States citizen or permanent resident alien
- HRIS - Experience selecting, implementing, managing HR information systems
- Ability to travel domestically up to 20%
- A PHR/SPHR/GPHR certification
- Experience navigating HR matters in the states of Washington, Alabama, California, Texas and/or Florida. Global HR experience a plus.
- Experience in aerospace, manufacturing, and/or engineering environments
- Graduate degree, preferably in I/O, HR, OD, or an MBA a plus
- Top Secret security clearance a plus