DESCRIPTION: As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will build high-performance, innovative, real-time embedded systems that monitor and control fully autonomous spacecraft. By applying your deep technical experience and project management skills with a commitment to quality and attention to detail commensurate with safe human spaceflight, you’ll have an opportunity to directly impact the history of human space exploration. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Collaborate with many internal stakeholders to define requirements, dependencies, and schedule needs associated with delivering integrated avionics hardware systems
- Lead team-based identification, decomposition, and estimation of work scope for full lifecycle avionics hardware development
- Manage project schedule, resources, and cost – present status of effort, including risks, variances and recovery plans to program management
- Integrate hardware schedules with program and vehicle schedules
- Work to continuously improve the team processes and organization to move quickly while meeting human space flight standards
- Create the necessary high level program management plans and support the creation of other artifacts including the architecture design descriptions and verifications plans
- Continuously track all hardware technical performance measures to ensure the development team is meeting its defined performance goals
- Minimum of a BS in electrical, aerospace, or computer engineering or a related field
- 8+ years of hardware systems development and project management experience
- Strong technical background in digital and analog circuit design, assembly, and test
- Experience leading at least 1 multi-person development project, managing requirements, priorities, scope, schedule, cost, and communications
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Passion for hands-on problem solving with an interest in spacecraft systems
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team on rapid development programs
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- Post-graduate degree in electrical or computer engineering or management
- Project management training
- Experience managing complex projects combining hardware, firmware, and software
- Experience leading the development and testing of real-time embedded systems with a focus on modular and extensible architectures
- Experience developing hardware to IPC J-STD-0001xS, IPC/WHMA-A-620x-S, and/or NASA-STD-8739.n standards
- Experience with safety-critical systems development (automotive, aerospace, medical)
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.