DESCRIPTION: As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be the leader of a team of passionate and very capable engineers responsible for creating the Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GN&C) designs for Blue’s space launch and reentry vehicles. As the leader of the team, you’ll need both technical depth in aerospace GN&C systems as well as functional leadership and team building skills. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
This is a functional management position that reports into the Flight Sciences organization. This position is responsible for the people, processes, tools, and technology required to meet the current and future GN&C program needs
- Hire, manage, mentor and grow a world-class engineering team of guidance, navigation and control engineering designers.
- Assign engineering resources to deliver on company and program priorities.
- Support establishment and maintenance of Flight Sciences specific processes, design manuals, and common tools which span programs.
- Support configuration development and gated reviews.
- Contribute to the team effort by designing GN&C system solutions.
- Be responsible for the achievement of the team’s productivity and quality goals
- Minimum of a M.S. degree in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience with aerospace guidance, control or navigation systems for rockets, missiles, satellites, and or/ space launch and reentry vehicles
- A demonstrated history of building and managing high performing engineering teams
- Demonstrated experience with Matlab and Simulink and associated autocoding practices.
- Demonstrated history of building guidance and control or navigation solutions from inception to flight
- Ability to work in fast-paced, evolving, growing and dynamic environment
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- Ph.D. in electrical, mechanical, or aerospace engineering.
- Demonstrated knowledge in modern control design techniques.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge in the development of exoatmospheric attitude control systems.
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills
- Good system engineering and configuration management skills.
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.