DESCRIPTION: Be the leader of a team of passionate and very capable engineers responsible for creating the Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GN&C) designs for Blue’s space launch and reentry vehicles. As the leader of the team, you’ll need both technical depth in aerospace GN&C systems as well as functional leadership and team building skills.
This is a functional management position that reports into the Flight Sciences organization. This position is responsible for the people, processes, tools, and technology required to meet the current and future GN&C program needs
- Hire, manage, mentor and grow a world-class engineering team of guidance, navigation and control engineering designers.
- Assign engineering resources to deliver on company and program priorities.
- Support establishment and maintenance of Flight Sciences specific processes, design manuals, and common tools which span programs.
- Support configuration development and gated reviews.
- Contribute to the team effort by designing GN&C system solutions.
- Be responsible for the achievement of the team’s productivity and quality goals
- Minimum of a M.S. degree in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience with aerospace guidance, control or navigation systems for rockets, missiles, satellites, and or/ space launch and reentry vehicles
- A demonstrated history of building and managing high performing engineering teams
- Demonstrated experience with Matlab and Simulink and associated autocoding practices.
- Demonstrated history of building guidance and control or navigation solutions from inception to flight
- Ability to work in fast-paced, evolving, growing and dynamic environment
- Applicant must be a United States citizen or permanent resident alien
- Ph.D. in electrical, mechanical, or aerospace engineering.
- Demonstrated knowledge in modern control design techniques.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge in the development of exoatmospheric attitude control systems.
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills
- Good system engineering and configuration management skills.