DESCRIPTION: As part of a rapidly evolving team, you’ll help build the foundation of a company that is doing things for which no blueprint exists. This position is responsible for effectively managing and implementing strategies, performance, and relations with critical aerospace suppliers. You will work alongside a team of managers, engineers, buyers, and software developers.
- Support and implement aerospace commodity and supplier strategies including sourcing for research and development with a long term goal for production.
- Participate in use and improvement of databases to capture supplier status, history, criticality, and known issues.
- Work with programs to identify long lead supplier procurement schedules.
- Evaluate suitability and stability of current and potential suppliers with regard to financial health, staffing, quality, throughput, and reputation.
- Lead suppliers through resolving discrepancies, including corrective and preventive actions and recovery plans
- Identify opportunities to leverage existing supplier relationships, obtain price/cost reductions, rationalize/consolidate the supply base, secure favorable long term agreements, maintain alternate supplier options, and support long term supplier relationships.
- Lead cross-functional teams to develop strategies for obtaining first time quality throughout the supply chain.
- Lead negotiations for complex contracts and Master Supply Agreements
- Provide management with status regarding supplier and materials availability issues for assigned commodity; conduct program reviews with key suppliers to ensure support of long term business objectives
- Communicates supplier performance and recommends commodity strategies to senior management
- Conduct site surveys for potential suppliers, participate in supplier pre-ship reviews, quality audits, source inspections and hardware acceptance, and corrective actions.
- Perform daily supplier management activities including:
- Manage sourcing of suppliers and commodities across multiple internal projects and functional groups.
- Establish use of the supplier portal internally and with suppliers
- Provide supplier surveillance required to support project schedules and manage at-risk suppliers
- Support supplier development and qualification including supplier assessments and certifications
- Support the management of cost, schedule and technical performance requirements on behalf of company with suppliers
- 10 years minimum experience with aerospace complex castings and forgings
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or a related field.
- Extensive knowledge in an area of aerospace commodities such as manufacturing of composites, exotic metals, pneumatic or hydraulic systems, separation systems, avionics and guidance systems.
- Minimum 10 years of supply chain management experience with progressively more responsibility
- Minimum 2 years of supplier quality experience
- Must be able to travel 50% of time and to remote sites
- Experience in sourcing for development and production runs
- Experience with different types of contracting vehicles such as Long Term Agreements and Letter Contracts
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams, and independently
- Strong communication skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills, and a proven ability to drive complex projects with minimal oversight
- Applicant must be a United States citizen or permanent resident alien
- Master’s degree in Business Administration preferred.
- Engineering or technical experience.
- CPM, CSCP certification or equivalent.
- ASQ quality engineer certification.
- Six sigma/lean process improvement experience.
- Experience with AS9100, ISO9001 supply base requirements
- Experience with FAR/DFAR requirements
- Experience with commercial programs and contracts