DESCRIPTION: As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for shipment of all commodities and aerospace hardware to support internal and external customer requirements. Candidate will also be responsible for all support items that ensure business success within Shipping Department. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of Transportation and other Logistics functions within scope of job. To do so, you are a proactive, service-oriented individual with excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills who thrives in a fast paced environment. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Executing daily part shipments including all in-bound and select outbound activity.
- Loading and unloading of trucks in all type of weather conditions
- Working closely with inventory team, production schedulers and engineers, ensure parts are kitted as specified in Bills of Material, with shipments made to ensure production/assembly start dates.
- Work with Logistics team to identify and resolve any discrepancies and resolve through team work.
- Working with manufacturing and engineering personnel, logistics team to facilitate any special or urgent requirements.
- Support Inventory team with performing weekly cycle counts to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Maintaining stocking areas to accommodate adjusting volumes and storage types as driven by activity
- Work with Logistics Team to improve and develop systems for process improvements
- Providing back up support for all logistics and receiving functions
- Identifying opportunities for improvement in Supply Chain Organization
- Identifying any issues with freight invoices
- Experience in Logistics, Transportation, and Shipping aerospace hardware
- Experience with Shipping Department functions which include material handling, packaging delicate aerospace hardware and, hazardous materials, and raw materials including metals.
- Skills including calculating weights and dimensions using proper tools and methodologies
- Analytical skills to define problems, collect appropriate and relevant data, establish facts, and draw reasonable conclusions
- Ability to safely drive a forklift and perform elevated work
- An attitude of world-class quality, attention to detail, and dedication
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- Experience in manufacturing, aerospace, medical or military environments
- Experience with Hazardous Material Shipments which include DG Certification
- Experience in business dealings with all modes of transportation vendors
- Experience with International Shipments
- Experience with small package Kiosk
- An Associates or Bachelors degree
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.