DESCRIPTION: As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will work in a development environment with technicians and engineers to specify, design, develop, characterize, and qualify new industrial lasers and optical systems for manufacturing processes. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Specification and characterization of high power (>1 kW) industrial lasers and optical process monitoring systems
- Specification, design, development, and characterization of optics and optical systems
- Establishment of high power safety protocols and interlocks in an open laboratory environment
- B.S. degree or higher in optical sciences and engineering or relevant field
- Thorough understanding of fundamental optics design and specification for high power (>1 kW) lasers
- Thorough understanding of optically aligning complex optical beam trains
- Proficiency in Zemax or relevant optical design software
- Proficiency in LabView or relevant data acquisition software
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- M.S. degree or higher in optical science and engineering or relevant field
- 1+ years’ experience in industrial laser applications for manufacturing
- Thorough understanding and proficiency in implementation and characterization of optical process monitoring systems including pyrometers and CCD, CMOS, and infrared cameras.
- 1+ years’ experience in opto-mechanical design
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.