DESCRIPTION: As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for continuous improvement of business and operational processes for various spaceflight systems. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of Continuous Improvement. You will be responsible for improving processes and process development within a corporate culture that emphasizes accountability, discipline, and attention to detail at all levels. You must have a passion for solving complex problems and providing operable solutions; act with minimal direction and on your own initiative; and be adaptable as you will work on a variety of applications and systems. We are looking for an individual that can help teams determine and implement innovative process improvement initiatives that will support sub-orbital and orbital launch vehicles, as well as engine production and development. You will report to the Blue Origin Director of Safety and Mission Assurance. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Work with engineers, technicians, and business personnel to review, improve and develop processes that support products in development and production environments
- Utilize LeanSixSigma, DMAIC, and IDOV tools including process mapping, Kaizen, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), etc. to dramatically improve cycle time, defects and waste.
- Work with stakeholders to develop and improve integrated business and operational processes.
- Mentor and educate company employees on process improvement. This will include development and presentation of training materials.
- Lead or coach on causal analysis activities to drive to root cause and corrective action and implementation
- Participate in the regular review of discrepancy reports, lessons learned and development of preventive actions
- Minimum of a B.S. in Engineering or Science
- 10 years of industry experience in an engineering or production field with at least 5 years process improvement experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Six Sigma Green, Black Belt, or comparable certification
- Demonstrated track record of resourcefulness and success from previous assignments and working with interdisciplinary and cross-functional teams.
- Familiarity with AS9100 or ISO9000 Quality Management System and/or related quality systems and programs
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- Experience in R&D, Development and Production environments, preferably in aerospace, medical devices, or other engineered products.
- Experience in a small company and/or startup environment.
- Quality assurance experience in rocket engine production environment.
- Prior supervisory or managerial experience.
- MBA or equivalent level of experience.
- Ability to travel to other sites to lead Continuous Improvement events.
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.