DESCRIPTION: As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for the design, implementation, testing, deployment and maintenance of instrumentation and controls systems that support rocket engine test stands and vehicle launch support systems for various spaceflight systems. The ideal candidate would have a solid background in both electrical engineering (digital and analog) and object oriented software design. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Design and development of complex embedded and HMI software for safety critical data acquisition and control systems.
- Preparation of electrical drawings, specifications, test plans, and deploying DAC hardware
- Participation in laboratory and field testing of subsystems and vehicles
- Data analyses
- software design and implementation in C++/C and LabVIEW (with FPGA)
- Part-sourcing and ordering of hardware
- Support of hardware-build activities
- Design, implementation and field support
- Frequent travel to test sites may be required
- B.S. degree in electrical or computer engineering. Other engineering or science degrees may be considered.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent hands-on and troubleshooting skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and configuration control
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- M.S. degree in electrical or computer engineering
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.