DESCRIPTION: As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will help develop the various components and requirements for various spaceflight systems. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Design / review electronic circuits and systems for robustness when exposed to EMI, ESD, and lightning
- Tailor requirements and test levels based on high level requirements and unique environments
- Develop and verify models to be used to understand and minimize EMI risks
- Work with the circuit, layout, and mechanical engineers to ensure proper EMI/EMC design and troubleshoot designs as needed
- Create test plans and standards, and review and interpret test data
- Validate requirements through test, analysis, inspection, or demonstration
- Maintain and regularly report schedule, budget, and technical status to customers
- Develop and enhance in-house capabilities for EMI/EMC testing
- B.S. degree or higher in an appropriate engineering or physics field
- Experience with Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) theory, signal integrity, and power quality
- Understanding of grounding, bonding, and shielding for aircraft and/or spacecraft
- Familiar with surface/bulk/triboelectric charging and mitigation, effects of space plasma and corona discharge
- 10+ years of experience developing electronics and systems to meet EM standards such as MIL-STD-461, SMC-S-008, and AIAA S-121-2009
- Experience operating RF/EMC/EMI test software and equipment such as a spectrum analyzers, power meters, signal generators, amplifiers, antennas, and etc.
- Desire to work hands-on, as part of a team, in both development and production phases of a product lifecycle
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- Familiar with testing and qualifying hardware per MIL-STD-1540, DO-160, and/or SMC-S-016
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.