DESCRIPTION: As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will design and develop the various components that make up the electrical power systems for launch vehicles and spacecraft. Your passion for space means you’re committed to the necessary quality and attention to detail required for reliable and safe space flight. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Develop systems requirements and perform trade studies
- Validate requirements through design test, analysis, inspection, or demonstration
- Create interface definitions, specifications, and control documents
- Plan and conduct tests, review and interpret data
- Oversee and support fabrication, assembly, test, and end use of hardware
- Maintain and report on activity schedule, budget, and technical status
- Design circuits and systems responsible for power regulation and distribution, battery charge management, and voltage/current/power sensing
- Design battery packs, subsystems, and systems
- B.S. degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or an appropriate engineering field
- 5+ years of recent electronics or power systems development for hardware used in aerospace avionics or harsh, safety critical, environments
- Desire to work hands-on, as part of a team, in both development and production phases of a product lifecycle
- Strong understanding of electronics design and integration of mechanical systems for structural and thermal support
- Power engineers exhibit proficiency designing, integrating and validating DC/DC converters, battery charge circuitry, solid-state power distribution, grounding, and other related analog circuitry
- Battery engineers demonstrate expertise with battery chemistry and performance over temperature and life; including experience with battery state of charge and health determination
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- Experience with Cadence OrCAD suite of tools
- Experience with high voltage electronics and batteries
- Experience designing to meet EMI/EMC and power quality requirements
- Experience designing electronics and systems for high radiation environments
- Experience with fault tolerant and high-reliability systems
- Familiar with testing and qualifying hardware per standards like MIL-STD-1540, DO-160, or SMC-S-016
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.