DESCRIPTION: As part of a unique and highly-skilled team, you’ll perform estimates, cost or price proposals, business case development, and risk, financial and competitive analyses. You’ll oversee the development, evaluation, and application of:
- High value estimates from highly complex or unique technical requirements through the design, build and support stages of the program;
- Pricing strategies using innovative computational techniques;
- Unique and complex estimating, pricing methods and develop pricing models;
- Long term data analytics strategy while performing complex analyses and providing recommendations in support of pricing and estimating (risk, financial, competitive, etc.).
- Oversee the evaluation and development of innovative business case alternatives. Apply a wide range of computational techniques, perform sensitivity analysis and provide expertise in business decision recommendations to senior leadership.
- Apply statistical analyses (i.e. regression, categorical analysis), historical costs and comprehensive knowledge of engineering, operations and support processes. Develop unique and complex estimating and pricing methods for cost estimating relationships.
- Oversee the development, implementation, tracking and maintenance of internal processes to ensure compliance with government and company estimating and pricing requirements. Develop estimating and pricing guidelines and procedures. Provide expertise in resolving deficiencies. Develop and deploy new systems and tools including training.
- Develop long term strategy for collection and analysis of cost and non-cost data. Oversee the identification, development and coordination of program database requirements for use in future estimates and pricing. Identify new sources of historical data for use by estimators and pricing analysts.
- Consult on the use of accounting and forecast data to develop/apply/maintain rates and factors for use in estimates, pricing and proposals. Oversee the establishment and implementation of new rate structures and factors to meet future business requirements. Guide others on proper rate development and application techniques.
- Oversee the development of high value estimates from complex or unique technical requirements through the strategy, design, build and support stages of the programs. Coordinate with all functions involved in documenting the statement of work. Prepare basis of estimate and validate reasonableness. Perform statistical analyses to identify opportunities, risk and mitigation plans utilizing standard risk assessment tools (i.e. Monte Carlo simulation, Risk Cubes, etc.). Leverage risk analysis to support recommendations to leadership. Develop alternatives to meet customer performance requirements and funding profile.
- Oversee complex/high value new business proposals. Evaluate and recommend action based upon requests for proposals including pricing instructions, special clauses, evaluation criteria, contract terms and conditions, and work breakdown structure. Substantiate estimates and pricing with data and analyses to rationalize to management and customers and to support negotiations. Assemble cost or price proposal by integrating the Management, Cost, Technical and Past Performance volumes.
- Oversee the development and application of pricing strategies to new business situations based on extensive knowledge of the business. Develop prices using innovative computational techniques. Utilize data from a variety of internal and external sources including marketing, strategy, sales and engineering. Document clear rationale to support price and present recommendation to senior leadership.
- Apply statistical analyses, historical prices and comprehensive customer or product knowledge to develop unique and highly complex pricing models.
- Develop and review subcontractor scopes of work and review and analyze subcontractor quotes for value and risk
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- 15+ years of estimating experience in a manufacturing or high-technology engineering R&D setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior estimating experience for government contracts
- Advanced proficiency in estimating tools and Microsoft Office Suite
- Applicant must be a United States citizen or permanent resident alien
- Master’s degree
- Degree in an engineering field or equivalent experience