DESCRIPTION: As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will perform various estimating activities to provide high fidelity cost estimates for the program. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of the estimating process and will access the risk associated with the estimates. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Work with element leads and engineers to estimate component cost for each specific subsystem and ultimately roll up to the element and program level. Component costing can include aluminum, steel, copper, composites, finished goods, etc. Need to exercise judgement to determine if the amount of materials estimated is reasonable for a specific build.
- Work with element leads and engineers to estimate hours to perform each specific task for each subsystem. Each subsystem can have hundreds of individual tasks that need to be estimated and rolled up to the element level.
- Work with engineering team to help improve planning pack estimates and assist with the ongoing update process
- Assist with trade studies (make or buy decisions)
- Assist with technical performance measure (TPM) reporting
- Work with program finance to review estimates for reasonableness and access the level of risks associated with each estimate
- Support program finance in forecasting and budgeting by providing high fidelity estimate for components and labor
- Support the PMO team and other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 7+ years of estimating experience in a manufacturing or high-technology company
- Very knowledgeable of ROM and detail costing in a manufacturing setting
- Advanced proficiency in estimating tools and Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- Master’s degree in business
- Aerospace, automotive, consumer electronics or other related industry
- Previous experience in procurement and commodity pricing negotiations
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.