DESCRIPTION: As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for determining the radiation environment suitability of avionics hardware for various spaceflight systems. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of performing parts/circuit level analyses, radiation testing, and unit level evaluations. You will contribute to the establishment of successful avionics designs using commercial/automotive parts. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Specify the radiation environment based on orbital parameters
- Evaluate candidate parts/circuits with respect to the single event effect (SEE) tolerance
- Determine parts similarity based on device physics
- Recommend circuit/system level radiation mitigation approaches
- Identify candidate test articles and define radiation tests
- Scheduling, coordination, and conduction of radiation testing
- Evaluation and analysis of radiation testing results
- Generate unit level analysis based on available parts data, test data, and mitigation strategies
- B.S. degree or higher in electrical or an appropriate engineering field
- 5+ years demonstrated experience in the design, analysis, and testing of avionics hardware for operation in radiation environments
- Solid electrical engineering, digital and analog circuit fundamentals and lab skills
- Highly organized and capable of planning and guiding complex technical work
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- Experience with modeling tools and codes CRÈME, SCRIPT, MCNPX, GEANT4
- Digital and analog circuit design, simulation, assembly, and test, with knowledge of design principles for non-laboratory environments
- Experience with the use of commercial/automotive parts in a radiation environment
- FPGA code (VHDL or Verilog) design, simulation, and test
- High-level and low-level software design and test
- The use of electronic test equipment and data acquisition systems
- Knowledge of systems engineering practices, integration processes, and quality control
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.