DESCRIPTION: As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will participate in the development of space launch vehicles for various spaceflight systems. We are seeking a proactive, service-oriented individual with excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills that can thrive in a fast paced environment. You will be primarily responsible for project support within a fast-paced group of companies developing human space flight. In this hands-on position, you'll work to increase the speed and efficiency of our programs, by supporting the timely delivery, quality and transparency of data to support the company’s business decisions. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Partner with the business to assist and ensure the timely delivery and requisite transparency and quality of finance data to support the company’s business
- Act as primary department resource between accounting, business planning, contracts, program management, and operational management on financial and performance issues.
- Drive program financial accountability by assessing compliance with program budgets, interrogating decisions with large financial impacts, and tracking key financial metrics.
- Act as a business and financial sounding board to managers within programs to enable better decision-making and operational excellence
- Oversees the development, analysis and maintenance of:
- Strategic and operating plans as they relate to financial statements and business cases
- Performance results, variance analyses and understanding of operational and financial performance
- Financial performance variances; identifies, analyzes and reports results; performs risk and opportunity analyses and provides potential solutions; works with program to develop recovery plans
- Financial performance measurement baselines (including elements of EVM)
- Financial forecasts for the program and its various elements
- Resource forecasts (labor) and estimates at completion (EACs) at the element and program level
- Detailed 1-year budget and 5-year forecast for the program and its various elements
- Documents and communicates financial objectives, performance, variance analysis, issues and actions.
- Supports the program with
- Development of 5-year plan for the program
- Development of estimates and pricing for proposals and other data analyses (risk, financial, etc)
- Preparation of data for contracts, proposals and agreements, and customer requests for information
- Review of business cases for large financial expenditures (e.g. CAPEX)
- Supplier Management/Procurement: cost/price analyses of supplier proposals for procurement of material and capital expenditures; supplier source selection; supplier financial and operational audits
- Resource planning, budgeting and financial management (including estimating and pricing), and supplier management and procurement
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline such as Business, Finance or Accounting and ten (10) years of directly related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong background in accounting/budgeting/finance, and knowledgeable of US GAAP and IT accounting issues.
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, earned value management system procedures and application.
- Experience performing budgeting, estimates at completion, revenue recognition, forecasting, earned value, planning and applicable analysis and reporting.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics and statistics, analytical aptitude, strong oral and written communication skills. Familiarity with estimating and pricing procedures, audit methods, and MS Office.
- Strong communication skills in technical work environments
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering or a science field
- Experience and knowledge with industry pricing software.
- Experience in finance in a government contracting/government cost accounting environment preferred.
- Experience in industrial, manufacturing or highly-engineered product companies
- Understanding of applicable federal acquisition regulations plus a strong knowledge of current (TINA) disclosure requirements.
- General knowledge of estimating and pricing procedures, writing and audit methods; familiarity with the Federal Acquisition Regulations and Standards, and contracting requirements.
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.