DESCRIPTION: As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will develop specialized test and electrical ground support equipment (EGSE) in support of integrated Avionics testing at the box, subsystem, and vehicle level for our suborbital and orbital launch vehicle programs for various spaceflight systems. You will coordinate test and EGSE requirements with Avionics subsystem owners, integration and test engineers, and operations personnel. Major test and EGSE elements include environmental test racks, ground power and battery charging racks, wired and wireless communication ground stations, and ground network switchgear. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Design, development, verification, and integration of specialized test and electrical ground support equipment hardware and software
- Work with internal stakeholders to define requirements, dependencies, and schedule needs associating with delivering test and EGSE to programs
- Integrate test and EGSE hardware & software development schedules with program and vehicle schedules
- Support operational checkout of systems under test and provide training to test and operations personnel
- Work to continuously improve the test and EGSE team processes and standards
- Minimum of a B.S. in electrical, computer engineering or related field
- 3+ years of specialized test and electrical ground support equipment hardware and software design and development
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Passion for hands-on problem solving and avionics integration and test
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team on rapid development programs
- Ability to travel to and work at remote sites for extended periods supporting test and EGSE integration, commissioning, and training
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- 3+ years of integrated test and operations experience (aircraft, launch vehicles, spacecraft, racing teams)
- Experience managing complex projects combining hardware, firmware, and software
- Experience leading the development and testing of real-time embedded systems with a focus on modular and extensible architectures
- Experience developing hardware to IPC J-STD-0001xS, IPC/WHMA-A-620x-S, and/or NASA-STD-8739.n standards
- Experience with safety-critical systems development (automotive, aerospace, medical, etc.)
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.