DESCRIPTION: As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for supporting the development testing of rocket engines and components that meet Blue Origin's launch vehicle program requirements for various spaceflight systems. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Working on the design, analysis and testing of engines, pumps and valves, as well as their integration into our test facilities
- Test planning, risk assessments and mitigations, test set up, execution, post test data review and performance analysis
- Assisting with schedule and cost estimation
- Identifying opportunities for safety improvements and cost savings
- B.S. degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering and 5+ years’ experience in designing, developing, procuring, and testing of liquid rocket engines and their components
- Working knowledge of engines, pumps, valves, regulators, check valves, as well as electric, pneumatic and hydraulic valves, actuators and other fluid system components
- Hands-on experience with building engine assemblies and subassemblies for test
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- Familiarity with LabVIEW, Winplot or other control, data acquisition and reduction software
- Familiarity with CAD applications (ProE preferred)
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.