DESCRIPTION: We provide the data necessary to design, build and launch rockets faster, cheaper and with continually higher quality. We accomplish this by building state-of-the art software, and analyzing data to uncover patterns for quick decision making.
We design systems that track millions of physical parts and complex manufacturing activities in remote locations. We build systems that process massive amounts of data and engineering tools that enable rapid design and iteration. We are seeking team members of all backgrounds who are passionate about space and who have a strong desire to serve on a team that is the backbone of the company.
As a software engineering manager, you will be a technical expert and play a crucial role in building a world-class team of software engineers. You will lead teams and reshape the meaning of building software in the context of a space company. We value leading by example, and leaders who are pragmatic, driven and motivated to elevate the organization to the next level. The projects you lead and the software your team builds will be highly impactful and have visibility at all levels of the company, from individual engineers to senior management.
- Hire, manage, mentor and grow a world-class team of software engineers
- Fully manage the entire product development lifecycle for software projects operating in an Agile environment
- Work with technical product managers and software engineering leads to translate business vision and requirements into scalable systems
- Collaborate with other managers to define standards across teams
- Manage, track and report status for products within your team’s sphere of influence
- Assign engineering resources to deliver on company priorities
- Generate team analytics and continually optimize to increase quality and speed of delivery
- Be accountable for quality of the products within your team, including coding standards, scalability, defect rate, operational uptime and customer satisfaction.
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in computer science, computer engineering, physics, or other major requiring engineering core courses.
- 5+ years managing high performing software engineers
- A demonstrated history of building a software team
- Experience with full-stack software development, from back-end to front-end
- Experience delivering software in an organization with complex products or mission critical operations
- Strong analytical skills with a passion for driving decisions and change using data
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, evolving, growing and dynamic environment
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien